Powered By Blogger

27 September 2010

Woah Reversed Culture Shock. Nice to meet you AGAIN!

Damn you reversed culture shock.  Even though I have gone through you two times, now this being my third time meeting you again our encounter is not as pleasant.  What I mean is that coming back to USA after four months in Italy, and Italy ALONE, has really opened my eyes to things I like and don't like about both of these beautiful countries.


USA.  Why in the world do people desire their material objects to be unnecessarily huge?  Only two blocks away from my parents house their are two streets I refer to as the "new mansion estate drive".  These new homes include two, two door car garages, heated driveways (because heaven forbid you have to get outside and use your muscles and shovel the snow), and gas lamps with real fire in them.  Goodness gracious how vain can people get?  I understand that I have no idea who these people are or what they do but must you really have all of these things?

Money changes people and I cannot attest to this because I have never been of much money.  But I do know that I would not take for granted the fortunes I may obtain in my future.  Any day I would take an adorable, reliable, dependable, FIAT 500 over 9 seater SUV found everywhere in the USA.  And when will I really need four different cars? So scratch those two, two door garages which will NEVER be connected to my house.  There is no way I am trying to put myself about these people on "new mansion estate drive" but I will not fall into those poor habits.  Get a grip, a shovel, and use those muscles you work on with the trainer you pay way too much.  Thats all for now.

Peace, Love, and Laughter

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment