Powered By Blogger

23 September 2010

See you soon Italy...Here I am USA

The best welcoming back to the USA was the big SUV that almost hit my taxi on my way home from O'Hare Airport.  Thank you Infinity for making unnecessarily gigantic cars!  Other than that fun event I arrived to my street and saw the trees had already begun to change colors here.  Home looked just want I wanted it too look like, a place for me to pass out.

A friend of the family brought me a delicious salad which I could not even stay awake to eat until 1130pm that night.  My sleep and eating schedule was completely off!  I do not remember my jet lag being this bad when I cam back from Italy the last time.  Oh well, the pay off is so worth it.

Since I fell asleep on Monday night at 5pm I woke up Tuesday at the dark hour of 4am.  I was full of energy and ready to get my clothes in the wash and experience a drying machine for the first time in 4 months!  Since I was already up and it was supposed to be a beautiful day I decided to go see the sunrise downtown on Montrose Beach. I hopped in the shower and took off.

The sunrise was phenomenal and full of color.  It was my first morning back in the USA and I wanted to do it right.  Since the sun came up around 645am I was starting to get a bit hungry.  Seeing that I was already in the city I had to get my favorite breakfast (senza American Coffee) at M Henrys on Clark.  YUM YUM YUM!!! I treated myself to some delicious french toast and potatoes.

On my way out of the car I was brilliant enough to forget my cell phone was in my lap and then it ended in the car door, with a smashed screen because I forgot.  Oooops.

Now I am onto my next mission and goal: Italy by January 2011.  Italy is where I want to be and where I feel like I belong more than anywhere else in the world.  Of course this will change but for now I want to live my life by my rules.  Until then I will be applying for jobs in Italy and enjoying my time back in the land where almost everyone speaks the same language I do.  In the near future I am planning to return to my University and see some of the best friends I have in the world.

Peace, Love, and Laughter

Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. ahh, i love this post. sounds very inspiring :)
    i wish you the best on your search/quest for italy.
    you know, i actually feel the same way... that italy is the place where i most belong. i'd go back to italy any second, and i secretly dream that francesco starts seeing how beautiful his country really is. ahhh. anyhow, really jealous about that breakfast though... :) in bocca al lupo!

    ReplyDelete