Powered By Blogger

10 November 2010

Which road to I follow?

So I am finally at the point where I have to decide what to truly do with my life.  I know I do not have to stay with a certain job forever but just to have some grounding would be an advantage.  Working with my career center from my Alma Mater has really opened up my eyes to the possibilities at my finger tips.  The one thing I do not want to do is just settle for a job because of convenience or a nice salary.

To fill my time while I am not trying to update my resume and find a fulfilling job, I am working two part time jobs at a local mall.  I am proud of myself for being given so many opportunities with the companies that hired me so soon.  This is of course is not something I want to do forever but with loan payments beginning this December, I had to get some sort of income coming in.  (And yes the discounts are amazing but I have no money to use them.)

My career counselor made a good point about my resume and where I can go with it.  I have had a great background in work experience and not to gloat but it is because I am a very driven person and worked hard to get those jobs, and keep them.  Now the issue is putting everything I have done in the past into simple phrases that define who I am as a person looking for employment.  I wish interviews and resumes could all be done through person to person contact, not through a piece of paper that describes my past.  After applying for the jobs at the mall and going in for many interviews, and second interviews, I realized I do well in that setting.

I just want a future that's all.  A future that doesn't leave me in an office with barely any windows or happy faces.  Where can I find this? Only time will tell.  Until then I am still on the lookout.  Cross your fingers for me. =)

Peace, Love and Laughter,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment