Powered By Blogger

19 October 2010

Piles of Paper

LOANS!

Many college graduates enjoy a 6 month vacation after graduation until the bills begin to pour in.  My life is currently consisting of figuring out where in the world I am headed next (and working part time jobs during this) and paying off my college debt.

The United States seems to be such a developed country in many aspects but when it comes to higher education, we are very much lacking in how to allow students to finance it without ending up with years of debt that must be paid off.  I am very proud to be an American and I am thankful for everything my education offered me; however, there was never a class offered on how to stay out of debt, or how to decrease your loans when you're in college, or how to save effectively.

I am in the beginning process of figuring out what I want to do with my life, but I cannot just look in the newspaper and put my name on a few websites.  It is all about connections, and if you do not have many it takes a go get em attitude.  From applying to various positions at a local mall nearby I noticed during the group interviews that the questions were very valid...especially one being "What do you plan to bring to our business?"  This can be seen as a very vague question but I believe it has a much stronger meaning behind it.  Every public corporation and private business is looking for people to benefit their future.

Now I have to find which one fits what I want as well. Why work at a place that makes you miserable?  Yes it may have a very nice salary and benefits offered but if you're unhappy it will effect your performance and overall your value with the company.  So I say go for your dreams because a pile of papers is a pile of papers and as long as you're responsible and smart you can get through it.  So I am telling the infinite void of people online that you shouldn't give up, ever!  I'm not planning on it. Here I come world!

Peace, Love and Laughter,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment